Thursday, April 05, 2012

C25K Week 5, Day 2 Complete

I did the C25K W5D2 run/walk last night, a little slower than normal (even for me), but I'm glad I got it out of the way. The run/walk intervals were 8:00/5:00, and the 8 minute run intervals intimidated me before I even started. Last night's run was mental training as much as running training. It was a minor victory to complete it.

I continued my new habit of doing some weight training after the run, a benefit of running at the gym. Each time I've done weight training lately, I've made a point of trying one new machine or exercise with the dumbbells. It's helping keep things fresh with that part of my workout, especially after running on the less-than-exciting treadmill. I also like watching what the other people in the weights area are doing.

I miss doing other cardio, but I can tell that, for now, my legs appreciate the rest days. A lot.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails