Sunday, June 08, 2008

Back at the Gym

It felt good to workout indoors today, as it's going to be another hot weekend day here. I did 20 minutes on the recumbant bicycle, then 30 minutes on the elliptical machine. I finished with 5:22 on the treadmill. I enjoyed the crosstraining, but I'm still a little tired from yesterday's long run, I think.

I've been thinking lately about how expensive running can become! Running has been touted as an inexpensive and easy sport to get into, and I suppose it CAN be. I guess it depends on what your goals are. For me, the cost of running has increased as my goals have gotten bigger. The more expensive shoes and clothing, the hydration and nutritional needs of longer distances, entry fees and travel costs for races, and the Galloway training group fee, they all add up. There are lots of benefits for me, though, so I'm going to keep at it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails