Sunday, June 29, 2008

Another Run/Walk Morning

This morning I headed back out for a run/walk, against some better judgement, considering I had a long run 24 hours earlier. I felt a little better about yesterday's run with time, but I needed to prove to myself that I could stretch myself, especially without someone else setting my pace.

I decided to drive to the park for the run. The gates were already open when I got there at 7:30, a little late for me. The signs say the park doesn't open until 8, so I was surprised that I didn't have to park along the road and jog in. At first I thought, "Oh cool!" But I ended up have to share the roads with some cars and the air with a few swarming buggies. It felt good to get a good run/walk in though, 4.05 miles in a little over an hour.

For good measure, I stopped at the gym on my way home and got 20 minutes in on the recumbant bike. It was nice to show myself I still had some energy left.

After being a bit out of sorts over yesterday's long run, I really enjoyed running on my own. My introverted running self got recharged.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails