Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Elliptical and Running

This morning I took my Garmin with me to the gym. I did 16 minutes on the elliptical machine first to warm up, then fired up the Garmin and went running outside once the sun came up. At first I was going to just run around the shopping center where my gym is located, but I realized that the trash bins on the backside of the shopping center were stinking, and it was taking away from the charm of the run! So, I headed to the side of the shopping center and discovered a sidewalk, so I decided to explore. I ended up running in a residential area, which was pretty nice! I did a run/walk combo for 3o minutes and 2.2 miles. I loved running outside in the morning! I feel really, really good.

I'm trying out a new online training blog at Buckeye Outdoors. One thing I like about it already is that it allows me to record the mileage and time I spend on the elliptical machine, in addition to running, and it keeps track of the running total of time and mileage for the elliptical, to boot. I'm thinking I might transfer my info from Running2win.com to Buckeye Outdoors. The only trouble I'm having with Buckeye so far is adding my running shoes to the "equipment" log so it can keep track of my mileage. Hoping I can figure it out.

1 comment:

Uncivil said...

Good to see you enjoying the outdoors. The nice weather helps!
Keep up the good work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails