Monday, June 18, 2007

Saturday Running Group

I joined a running group Saturday morning to run the Graylyn Trail, a 3.22 mile out-and-back trail at Umstead Park, and it was a challenge for me! It was more hilly than I'm accustomed to--not a bad thing, right?! As I expected, I was at the back of the pack, but the group was nice enough to loop back around a couple of times. I finished the run in 43:57, a fair pace for me with the hills. I was so worn out I went home and took a nap, and felt some residual tiredness yesterday. Honestly, I felt a bit like I did after my first 5K in April of last year. I felt like I accomplished something by finishing the run, but it was a little discouraging to feel worn about like I did a year ago! I did enjoy meeting the other women, though: Brigette-the organizer, plus Karen, two Amys, and Debbie.

I won't be able to run with the group next Saturday because we're moving, but I plan to return in a couple of weeks if the group keeps going. I'd love to be able to nail that trail and get my time down on a challenging route with hills.

Yesterday I walked 40 minutes around the East Campus Wall, but was back in the gym this morning for 65 minutes on the elliptical. My left ankle and heel are still pretty tender, so I wanted to go easy. Hopefully I'll feel like running on the treadmill tomorrow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails