Thursday, February 08, 2007

Hour-long workout and snacking opportunities

This morning I got back to an hour on the elliptical machine! It felt good, and I was surprised, since I had a Junior League meeting last night and didn't get to bed til nearly midnight (so I was tired!).

Okay, okay, so it wasn't totally the meeting's fault that I was up late. The Duke-UNC basketball game didn't start until 9:00, and the game was on TV, so I stayed up watching it. Duke was ahead for most of the game, so I was psyched to watch a Duke win, but they let it slip away, and Carolina stayed the course. Bummer.

By the way, survived the eating table at the Junior League meeting, and I even took one of my favorite things, homemade pimento cheese (and crackers to put it on). I did have three pieces of celery (no pimento cheese on them, either!), but no harm done when I got on the scales this morning. (Big surprise!) I did more socializing with a glass of water in my hand. I couldn't compliment anyone on how good their dish tasted, but I was able to find other things to talk about! :-)

I felt like snacking during the basketball game on TV (old habit) and after the loss (to feel better), but passed. This morning I felt better for skipping the late night snacking.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails