Monday, October 09, 2006

Progress

As I've mentioned in an earlier post, I'm working toward the bronze medal of the President's Challenge. As of this morning, I'm 18% there, with 3719 points. I need 20,000 points in all.

I did two cardio workouts (totalling 1 hour and 45 minutes) on Saturday, and I must admit I'm paying for it a little. Yesterday's workout was only 40 minutes and this morning's workout was 30 minutes. I'm sure I'll get back up to hour-long workouts soon, but feel the need to listen to my body. When I do two workouts in the future, I'll be more careful.

One of the websites I enjoy, Hungry Girl, mentioned an a potentially helpful website in their email blast this morning. The website is Healthy Dining Finder. I did a search for restaurants on their list within 20 miles of my zip code. The only one that came up was Arby's! I wouldn't really consider Arby's to be a healthy restaurant. Sure, some choices will be better than others there, but still, probably not a place I'll "spend" my calories for now. The site is still in its trial version, so I'll check back later.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails