Thursday, October 05, 2006

New running shoes

Well, I had a good appointment with the dietician yesterday. We talked a lot about reading food labels, and the importance of my needing good tools when I finish going to the Rice House: food scales, measuring cups and spoons, things like that.


Last evening I went to the New Balance store and got a new pair of New Balance running shoes. Of course, they felt great this morning at the gym! I did another 65 minutes on the elliptical this morning. Talking with one of my new gym acquaintances really helped a lot at the end. Unfortunately, the scales didn't reward my efforts this morning, as I weighed the same as yesterday.


After buying the shoes last evening, I was tempted to cheat at a Mexican restaurant called Moe's, next door to the shoe place. I stood firm, though, and went to a nail salon across the parking lot instead. I have pretty, polished fingernails today. :-)
I got an email today from my Junior League committee chair, and our first committee meeting will be next week at a local restaurant called Nana's, which I hear is very good. I don't know that it's very Rice Diet-friendly. :-( I've got the number, and plan to call and inquire about the menu ahead of time, so I don't have to come across as making a fuss in front of the group.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails