Wednesday, March 31, 2010

On the Bike

This morning I did a 50-minute bike ride, doing 2 minute speed intervals with 2 minute easy rides for most of it. It was a good workout, one I wasn't accustomed to doing before I started working with Brennan. I think it'll pay off in the long run. I had to do a 10 minute walk on the treadmill while I waiting for the bike to open up. Final tally:

Walked 0.50 mile in 10:12
Rode 9.76 miles in 50:00

I signed up for my next 5K road race earlier this week, the St. Timothy's School Spring Sprint 5K. I'm very excited about this race, since my training has been going well, and I'm continuing to lose weight and stay injury-free. I hope to break 45 minutes in that race.

This is the final week of the "Shape Up Duke" challenge I've been participating in at work. 12 weeks of being part of the "Bookworms" team will end on Sunday! Wow. I've gotten a lot out of being part of this team effort, and we've done well as a group. I'm proud of my teammates!

Speaking of teams, and perhaps because my time as a "Bookworm" team member is coming to an end in a few days, I've created a new team on SparkPeople called Triangle Roadrunners. While I have a group of people I enjoy running with already, I'll be interested to see if any runners from the area where I live are on SparkPeople and find the group. We'll see! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails