Tuesday, April 15, 2008

New Shoes


After work yesterday I went by 9th Street Active Feet and got some new running shoes. I've learned along the way that taking my old running shoes along can speed up the shoe fitting process, as the common thing to do at specialty shoe stores is to watch the patron walk, discuss shoe use, stuff like that. When I pulled out my old Brooks Adrenaline shoes, the sales person said, "Oh, that's a great shoe, has that worked well for you? Any problems with it?" I told him I'd enjoyed the shoe. He had me walk a little, balance on each foot, and said the updated version of the Brooks Adrenaline would still be a good shoe for me. I was in and out in, oh, 15-20 minutes, which worked for me! (It beat driving to Raleigh, where I got the last pair of Brooks. I was tired!)

This morning I had to try them out, and ran on the treadmill for 5 minutes (.37 mi). I did feel the groin strain a little, which was a bummer. I got on the elliptical machine to finish the workout, and did 35 minutes (2.66 mi) there.

(Yesterday I did 32 minutes on the elliptical. I'm still a little sore from Saturday's race, so I continue to work on my stretching.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails