Saturday, April 05, 2008

Change of Scenery

Being Saturday, I slept in a bit, then went for a workout at the nicer of the two gyms I belong to. I don't go there during the work week because it's farther away, and it isn't open when I normally get to the gym in the early morning hours. I so enjoy working out there sometimes on the weekends, though.

I did 50 minutes on the elliptical for 4.28 miles, which felt great. I decided to try the treadmill for a little while, and when I got on I noticed a lady I know from the Rice Diet Program across the room! I'd been running about 3 minutes with a little less pain than yesterday, when I noticed her get off her machine and head for the front door. After trotting a total of 3:14 minutes for .21 miles, I stopped the machine and sprinted after what turned out to be TWO Ricers, and we had a nice visit outside.

After that, I decided to call it a day in terms of the exercise, and take advantage of the hot tub and sauna. The heat felt really good on my back and legs!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails