Saturday, April 26, 2008

Another Outdoor Run

I was really dragging my feet this morning, trying to get out the door to go exercise. It's been such a busy (and LONG) week, that it felt really good to veg out in the apartment with George. I knew I'd regret it if I didn't get out the door, so I finally did it! Decided to shake things up a little and totally bypass the gym. Instead, I drove to a nearby neighborhood and ran around there. I had my Garmin on, so I was able to measure out a 5K run, which I finished in 43:02, a 13:52 m/m pace. Was glad to beat my 5K training time from last week, still doing a run/walk combo. To beat that, I'll eventually work toward running the whole thing again. I'm getting there, but by bit.

I walked another 7 minutes back to my car, and it felt great to get a 50 minute workout in. Since I didn't hit the roads til 10:00, things were pretty warm here by the time I finished. If only I'd gotten out earlier....

2 comments:

Uncivil said...

Yay!!!! Sounds like you are well on your way to recovery.
I've been trying to recover from a little too much partying lately.

J said...

Great run! Keep up the forward progress!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails