Monday, May 07, 2007

Running on the Treadmill

This morning I actually ran on the treadmill for 15 minutes, did 0.91 miles. It's a start, but I still have a long way to go toward 13.1 miles! I actually enjoyed the treadmill this morning, though, much to my surprise. It's been the "dreadmill" to me, haven're enjoyed it much in the past. Would've gone further, but my stomach was a little unsettled this morning, so Nature called. I hope to get some walking in around campus today.


Yesterday afternoon I picked up a copy of Marathoning for Mortals, by John Bingham and Jenny Hadfield. (Bingham does a monthly column in "Runner's World" that I enjoy alot. He also wrote a book called No Need for Speed: A Beginner's Guide to the Joy of Running, that my sister gave me for Christmas.) I really like Bingham's writing style and approach to running. Think it'll be a good book for me to read as I wrap my head around the thought of doing a half marathon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails