Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Upper Body Strength Training

This morning I decided to shake things up a little. I started with an easy 2.06 (15:01 min) miles on the recumbent bike, easy mostly because my knee was being a little fussy (runner's knee?), then stretched (mostly IT bands) for about 10 minutes. Then I hopped on three different weight machines to work on my upper body strength. By the last machine, my arms were burning! I feel pretty good about that, as it reminds me that I could use more strength training. I finished up with 15:05 minutes (0.72 mile) of walking on the treadmill.

I am sorely missing the more intense cardio workouts (because of soreness), so I'm a little frustrated right now. I did have an interesting talk with a running coach last night about using her coaching service after the holidays are over. I'm encouraged by the possibility. More to come!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails