Tuesday, November 10, 2009

More Gym Time

I returned to the gym this morning, planning to do a short workout. I ended up riding on the recumbent bike for 11.36 miles in 63:22 minutes. I got carried away, between the podcast I was listening to and the thoughts going through my head, and before I knew it, I had to stop right then and there and head home to start getting ready for work! It felt good, though.

I was thinking about the two marathons I've started this year now, and how neither one of them went like I expected. It's interesting, disappointing, enlightening, all sorts of things. Part of me wants to say, "Okay, half marathons and distances shorter will be good enough for me." But, a bigger part of me wants to have a better marathon experience, to nail it and get a marathon PR in a more "normal" time. I WANT to show the distance that I can do it, and do it decently.

Yesterday at work, several people asked me about the Outer Banks Marathon, and I did a decent job of putting on a brave face, but to be honest, I wish I could've told them I'd finished. I want to do it again and have the sense of accomplishment, not just of finishing but of improving as well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails