Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Day After! Run for the Oaks 5K Results

Well, the Run for the Oaks 5K went much better than I even expected yesterday! I was able to jog the WHOLE thing, much to my surprise, and I was so surprised when I saw the big digital clock at the finish line, that I stopped in my tracks for a couple of seconds to gawk at it! :-P THEN I remembered I actually had to cross the finish line, which I did somewhere around 46 minutes, 30 seconds! I broke 50 minutes at last, and beat my last 5K time by about 6 minutes! I was sooo excited!

The weather was chilly AND windy, but I had the wind at my back for part of the way, which helped. Being St. Patrick's Day, some people were dressed in green, and when I finished the race at City Market, they were getting ready for Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Parade, with vendors (some of them with food!), musicians, and such, gathering. It was pretty festive, so a fun atmosphere!

I signed up for a timing chip to wear on my shoe during the race, but official results haven't been posted yet. Will post here when I know for sure.

Meanwhile, I'm pretty sore today, but still managed to do a light 60 minutes on the elliptical this morning. I'll be taking it pretty easy while the soreness goes away.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Leslie and keep it up!

Anonymous said...

You ROCK keep running

Anonymous said...

Doin't miss the Garner 5k on Mothers day May the 11th 7am.
Seerace at finish strong

Anonymous said...

Good job Leslie !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails