Saturday, December 16, 2006

Reindeer Romp 5K Report

I participated in the Reindeer Romp 5K this morning, and had a great time! My buddy Steph went with me, and was sweet enough to run along with me, eventhough she probably could've run faster. Since proceeds from the race were going to Girls on the Run of the Triangle, a lot of girls were out to run/walk to 5K (3.1 mi) course, and that was fun to see.

We finished the race in about 52 minutes, slower than I'd hoped, but it was still a good feeling. We "jogged" all but 8 minutes of it, which was an accomplishment. I put joggged in quotes because it was different from walking for me, but some people walk faster than I jog at times. One day I want to jog the whole 5K, at whatever pace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's interesting. I didn't hear about it before it happened. This type of thing is definitely fun.

If such a thing is coming up next time, I'd definitely like to participate. Can anyone drop me a note? steadydaily.DEFAULT@info.trafficwave.net

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails