Thursday, December 28, 2006

A Different Route

This morning I set out for the gym, but I had a gut feeling that I wouldn't last an hour on the elliptical today, so I turned the other way and headed for the cross-country trail at Duke. It's a 5 km (3.1 mi) trail near Duke Forest, and walking it would take me a little over an hour. Once commited, I knew I'd want to finish the thing, and I did. It was COLD (about 35 degrees), so I walked fast. :-) It felt good to complete the trail. Although most of it is wooded, it also goes around part of the Duke Golf Course. Here is one of the views:




I took my iPod with me, but opted not to suit up today, so I could listen to the sounds of nature and other joggers/walkers.

In other news, there's no news on my car today. I hope to get an estimate on the damage tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say, I'm impressed with how long you've continued blogging! I just started, so I don't know how long I'm going to be able to keep it up. You seem to have a lot of perserverance. I had fun reading your posts!
-Abi

Amy said...

That looks like such a pretty place to be!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails