Monday, December 18, 2006

Past two days

Yesterday, I spent 65 minutes on the elliptical, this morning I did another 60 minutes. I'm still a little sore from Saturday's 5K, but my leg muscles are feeling a little better.

I just found the official results to Saturday's race, and I finished in 52 minutes, 12 seconds, the last of time officially timed people. (The race also had a recreational division, with no chip timing). *sigh* I need to remember that I did have fun running with Steph and being out on a beautiful morning around all the people (many in reindeer antlers and one person in a Santa suit!)!

Yesterday I started reading the book, No Need for Speed: A Beginner's Guide to the Joy of Running, by John Bingham. Although I bought the book last week while Christmas shopping, yesterday was a good one to start reading it. Although I had a fun time overall running the Reindeer Romp on Saturday, I'm still a little discouraged about running slower than the last 5K. The book has been encouraging so far, though, and has some helpful tips as well.

John Bingham is a columnist for Runner's World magazine who started running at 43 as an overweight couch potato, and he shares his journey and insights now. Through his writing, he tries to encourage people to take it one step at a time, to have fun with it, and not worry about being at the back of the pack. It's helped me a lot in keepin' on with the 5Ks, since I'm seriously in the back of the pack right now.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Lesley,

Know how you feel about being a back of the packer...my first 5k, I did everything I could not to be beat by a 70 year old woman...hang in there...speed comes with time! Thanks for posting to my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails