Thursday, February 16, 2006

Speeding up a little

I did 30 minutes on the elliptical last night, tried to pick up the pace a little and logged 2.11 miles. Bit by bit!

Had a nice time chatting in the hot tub with a pediatric dentist and a couple of retired librarians. Always interesting to see who I meet at the Fitness Center. At most other gyms I've joined, I've just gone to work out and gone home. I wonder why there's a different sense of being social (without it being a pick-up place) there. Maybe "sense of community" is a better way of putting it. One thing the Fitness Center does is that everyone's membership badge is clip-on (rather than keychain swipe) and has a photo and first name in bigger letters.

**Note to Lisa: the dentist went to Duke too, class on '79. She said your name was familiar, as she roomed (in Bassett) with an ADPi. (She was a Kappa.) Fun to make connections.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails