Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekend workouts

I had some good (and interesting!) workouts over the weekend. Saturday morning I did an hour on the elliptical at the Duke Fitness Center. It felt great to be on a good machine in a nice environment!

Yesterday morning, before breakfast, I went to the local gym chain in a nearby town for a 15-minute workout on the elliptical and some time in the sauna. (My foot was bothering me a bit.) On my way to the sauna, I noticed a man with a feminine-looking necklace and one earring (not a stud) in the hot tub. When he pushed himself up on the side of the hot tub, it was hard not to notice he had a thong on! Lo and behold, he came into the sauna, sat down, and started carrying on a conversation! We talked about a variety of things, from jobs to bathing suits (He suggested I get into the pool in my shorts and bra if I were inclined to swim, since I didn't bring my bathing suit--he came up with some other solutions as well...) to his broken earring--which is why he was only wearing one. I didn't think to ask him why he just didn't take them both off, or why he was wearing jewelry at all in the hot tub, pool, and sauna, especially after he commented on my wearing my running shoes in the sauna. Eventhough I consider myself to be open-minded and all, this whole set-up was fascinatingly strange to me! As he left the sauna, he introduced himself as Connie with a strong handshake.

Today I was back at my apartment complex gym for 45 minutes on the elliptical. All the variety and excitement of the weekend has helped me get off of a frustrating plateau on the Rice Diet. I'm feeling better today!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails