Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Making a commitment to exercise

Last night I signed up for a package of personal trainer sessions at the health club. It was a little bit scary to think about making that kind of commitment, but I took a deep breath and did it, and felt good about it after I did it. This will keep me accountable and exercising through the winter months. It was good for me to be able to TALK about my goals with someone who didn't laugh or cringe. Paula also used a gizmo to measure my body fat and BMI. The body fat indicator kept coming up with an error message, and my BMI was 50.something. It's a starting point. I'll be working with a PT named Heather, and she'll do more measurements next week. Oddly enough (for me), I didn't feel self-conscious about the measurements or talking about my current weight and short/long-term goals. I wanted to let it all out, and it doesn't seem so scary now. My next session with the personal trainer (Heather) is next Tuesday.

Although most of the time last night was spend talking and signing on the dotted line, we did work my abs and upper arms for about ten minutes, and then I walked on the treadmill for 1 mile.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails