Friday, December 02, 2005

Being realistic

A couple of weeks ago, I'd decided to sign up for the Team in Training Program with the Leukemia Society, where you shoot for a marathon 4-5 months down the road, and they provide trainers in exchange for you raising money. Before going to the informational meeting, I decided to do a little online research on marathon training, and realized I have some work to do--and need a lot more than 4-5 months to train healthfully for a marathon!

So, I've picked a much shorter race to start with, the 5K portion of the Cary Road Race on April 8, 2006. I worked out 3 times last week, but last night was my first workout of this week. Luckily, I belong to a gym that is open 24/7 now, so time is no longer an excuse. (One less thing!)

I walked a mile last night on the treadmill, increasing the pace gradually. Got my heart rate up to 139. I also got on the scales, but won't post that number here! ;-) It was fun meeting up with George at the gym last night, and we hope, in time, to be members of the same gym.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails