Thursday, March 03, 2011

A Little More Running!

This evening, I met with the Triangle Turtles Meetup group for the first time, at the Fleet Feet Raleigh Thursday Social Run. It was fun to meet some new people on this chilly evening. Once we started, I was at the back of the pack, as usual, but I was focused on getting a good workout in and didn't worry about anyone else. Since I didn't have my interval timer, and it was soon too dark to see the time on my Garmin, I just ran and walked by feel. I ended up going 2.24 miles in 42:01 minutes, an 18:44 average pace. It's nice to be under 19:00, but I still have a way to go. My right toes started hurting around 1.75 miles (earlier than before), but it wasn't very sharp. I don't know if it was just orthotic adjustment, or if the toe pain is here to stay. Time will tell. I'm icing now, and will take some ibuprofen before bed.

1 comment:

Johann said...

Good to hear you are running. Take it easy with the toe. I'm sure it is just adjustment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails