Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Little Running!

Yesterday I decided to hit the local trails again, and try my luck at a 2-mile walk. I headed to Cary, NC, and started on the Black Creek Greenway, then turned onto the Northwoods trail. When I got to the end of the Northwoods trail (a new one for me, pretty!), I turned around, and decided to try alternating minutes of running and walking and see how my foot would take it. I made it all the way back to the car doing 1:1 run/walk! It felt great to run again, even if it was just for part of a mile! I finished 2 miles in 40:35, still a pretty slow pace overall, but the second mile was a big improvement over the first.

Mile 1) 21:03
Mile 2) 19:30

Today, I didn't get to the gym until mid-afternoon, riding the recumbent bike for 6.67 miles in 37:00. I warmed up for the first mile, then did 1 minute intervals (fast/slow/fast) for the rest of the workout.

It feels great to be tired from working out again!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails