Sunday, October 03, 2010

Good Walk Plus Workout Today

Since yesterday's "long walk" was cut short, I hit the treadmill at the gym this morning to put my sore toes to the test. The pain hit a little before 2.5 miles, but I pushed on a bit, and finished with 3.4 miles in 60 minutes, a pretty good pace for me. Still, my walking pace is something I need to work on in addition to my endurance.

I decided to take a break from cardio after an hour, so I did some upper body strength training with 5 lb. and 8 lb. dumbbells. It felt really good to work on my arm and shoulder strength, and I hope it'll help me if I decide to go ahead and give the Outer Banks Half Marathon a walking try.

After that, I stretched my quads, glutes, and hamstrings, then finished with 2.02 miles (11:01 minutes) on the recumbent bike. All in all, a good workout for me.

1 comment:

Johann said...

I’m back after being down sick for a week. You are still persevering and training well even with sore toes… I always admire your determination.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails