Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Driving to a Race--What's Your Limit?

I've been looking at walker-friendly half marathons within driving range of where I live (to save on costs since I'm saving for graduate school), and the New River Half Marathon looks delightful! The only catch is that it's three hours away!  I don't really want to spend the night, but I think I'd enjoy doing this course! What do you think? And what is the longest distance or time you'd drive to participate in a race on that day?

Check out this video of the course:

1 comment:

Christina said...

On race day the longest I've driven is an 1.5 hours. Usually for something 1.5 hours away, I would stay at the hotel and make a mini-vacation. The real reason is the early morning race starts of 7am. Plus, I don't want to deal with the stress of driving and finding the place either.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails