Sunday, July 22, 2012

Walking Test

Yesterday I downloaded a Couch to 10K app on my iPhone, and it suggested being able to walk 30 minutes comfortably before starting that program. I decided to try walking for 30 minutes today, just to see how it went. I finished 1.4 miles in 30:19. It was a tiny challenge, but not by much. That being said, I was on the treadmill in an air-conditioned gym! I think I need to to some more walking, and see what my right ankle (subsiding pain) and left foot (plantar fasciitis) have to say.

After that, I did some gentle yoga stretches from a yoga app on my iPhone, then lifted weights on three Nautilus machine. I'm an inflexible wienie. I need to exercise more than just on weekends to see any improvement. Now I'm thinking about the Second Empire Grand Prix Series coming up this fall. Could I do it?

2 comments:

Johann said...

Good to see you training! If you put your head to it you can do it.

JacquieSamples said...

Hooray for Lesley! I am so happy to see you using your iPhone for good. LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails